- Why do we need a new roof? Our roof issues are not new. While we have been patching and repairing the leaks, the roof has reached its expiration date. The rubber membrane
that covers the roof no longer has the integrity it once had. The leaks have damaged the carpeting in the education wing to the point that it has stretched, rolled up, and become a tripping hazard.
Moisture seeping under the membrane and flashing has made it into the walls causing windows to crack and fog over. Over the past 12 months, we have incurred $2,353 in repair bills for the roof
- What does the estimate include? It includes replacing the roof over the education wing and entryway. This does not include the roof over the sanctuary. It also includes
some unknown but expected repairs to water-damaged insulation, as well as replacing the carpet in the education wing hallway and some minor paint repairs.
- When would this project be done? This will depend a bit on the success of our campaign, as well as scheduling, but we hope to have the roof completed before
- Can it wait? Yes and no. The roof needs to be replaced. This winter we were able to put patches on holes and tears to limit the leaks, but they are not permanent fixes. We
worry that delaying replacement of the roof will only increase costs and cause further damage.
- Have other building improvements been considered? Your church council is committed to being frugal and wise with the resources you entrust to us. Like any of our homes, our
dreams and wish lists are long - but our “must-haves” are much shorter. If this campaign would raise funds beyond what is needed for projects directly related to the roof, we could look to other
improvements (such as repainting or carpeting other areas, etc).
- Can I give a recurring gift? Yes! You can give to the building fund as either a one-time or recurring gift. We do ask that these be gifts in addition to your
regular yearly giving, so to not impact our general fund and yearly budget.
- Given everything happening, where are our finances sitting in our regular budget? We have been exclusively online for worship since March 15, can you believe it? We have
all learned and grown along the way. Gratefully, one thing folks have learned is how to continue to financially support Park. Whether through online giving or mailing checks, we continue to see
giving within the normal range of things and we are holding steady. Thank you.
Our reasons "Why"